Thursday, August 9, 2007

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: How Not To Start A Blog.

It's probably not the best idea to start your new blog the week before you leav on a three week vacation, even if it is a travel blog. Here I am in Oregon, facing several weeks of extremely sporadic internet access, as well as very little interest in blogging. I resent having to have a cell phone with me when I'm travelling, let alone checking email and the like.

The only good news is that since no one but me is reading the blog there's no one to get disappointed by lack of new posts.

It strikes me that a useful blogging feature would be the ability to "stack up" a bunch of posts in advance and have them publish themselves one per day.

Our trip will take us to Oregon, then down the California coast (camping on the way) to San Francisco. From San Francisco we go by overnight train to Albuquerque where we'll rent another car and join my parents for a few days of mushroom picking in the Rockies. Because we have two flights, two car rentals, and a change of trains from San Francisco to Albuquerque the trip really does qualify as "planes, trains, and automobiles".

No comments: