Thursday, August 9, 2007

Who You Calling "Mister", Bozo?

I don't stay in youth hostels often these days. Been there, done that. Especially with a family there are usually cheaper, more comfortable accomodations available. Besides, I snore like on oncoming freight train and there's an issue of fairness here. Still the best deal I could find at short notice for our overnight in Portland was at the Portland Northwest Hostel (I did find a slightly cheaper place but the six reviews I found online were all negative and the most generous began "Never having stayed in a crackhouse before. . .")

So yes, I'm over youth hostels. But that does not mean that it is okay for the first guy I see to say "Can I help you with that bag, sir?" That's not okay. Even if I was having a little trouble manoevering that 53 pound of camping gear up the stairs.

No comments: